This is a poem about living authentically. I found it in my mother’s Poetry Notebook. I know why she loved this poem and copied it out by hand; this is my mother’s credo! And it’s in my DNA too! When I read it, I ache for missing her, but I am also glad for her example and well-companioned by her memory. God bless Almeda forever and ever.
On what does my “independence” depend? Being; created by the Creator Wholeness; formed, healed, renewed, sustained in the image of Christ Sense of purpose; ignited and enlightened by th…
Source: Substantial Support
Sometimes you just need to vent! I know I do. But I also want to be able to find the way through every mess to the message, I want to be grateful for the grace in the midst of the grunge, I want …
Source: Lighting the candle
Source: Thank You God for Everything I posted this in Mauve List for Thanksgiving 2015.
Cut your losses early. As soon as you can see that a relationship or situation is untenable, let it go. Let go and walk away. Do so in the least destructive way you possibly can, but let it go. If you’ve been able to determine that it’s untenable, staying in it will only make you hateful and bitter. Deciding that it’s untenable may be the harder part, but if that’s clear then let it go. Walk away from that which kills your spirit and run toward joy.
10 Things I am grateful for right now:
1) God’s Presence, Love, and the Spirit’s inexplicable Peace.
2) Caring spouse, family, and friends.
3) My home.
4) Enough stability (internally and externally) I can face current disturbances without becoming debilitated.
5) Music, always music! (Right now, Bossa Nova’s in particular.)
6) Prayer! The amazing gift of prayer: always available, always free, always grace.
7) My cats, coffee, books, and all simple pleasures.
8) Showering! I’m always so grateful to experience clean, warm water!
9) My dad, and all the people in his dementia ward: it’s amazing how nourishing is the fellowship amongst people who are Just Being. Exercising my being-present to the Present is such a present!!! Such great gift. Amazing grace.
10) My dad’s amazingly consistent faith in the Lord: what a nourishing inspiration.