I’ve started deleting many of my blogs and some posts from some I will keep or import/integrate into others I plan to keep – at least for a while.
It feels great! It turns out I not only enjoy planting but also pruning!
It was clear I had created too many blogs. I couldn’t keep up with them. But it was fun to explore the ideas swirling in my head while I formatted the templates and wrote some posts. I’m glad I can allow myself to explore in this way. The creation of a space where I can explore my thoughts in a (nominally) public way has accomplished a couple of important facets of healing within me.
- Creating space for these thoughts is my way of affirming myself that these thoughts have some legitimacy.
- Allowing them to be public is an act of shedding shame.
- Writing my thoughts is a way of claiming and using my voice.
- Spending time on these projects is my active valuing of them.
- And now, letting them go is my way of affirming my growth toward wholeness; I don’t need them anymore. I can make new spaces for new thoughts! (Or more to the point: I can invest myself in the realms I need to explore right now for my current growth.)